Sunday, July 6, 2008

Update Since Forever


Okay, what have I been doing in the last month?
1. Looking for housing for my sister.
2. Reading lots of Young Adult Literature...namely the sequals to Goose Girl by Shannon Hale and the sequals to Fablehaven by Brandon Mull. That's at least 1200 pages of interesting reading so that's not too shabby.
3. Chopping my hair off.
4. Chasing 3 busy but stinkin' cute kiddos around.





























Interesting update: I am still trying to get an Enrichment small group together to advocate family friendly environments in our stores (ie. get the disgusting mag covers covered) through kindly speaking with or writing to store managers. The Ward RS President liked the idea. The Bishop liked the idea. The Enrichment counselor had some concerns, so they talked to the Stake RS Presidency. From my understanding of the meeting, some liked the idea more than others. Then the Stake RS Presidency was changed and the one who was less enthusiastic is now the Stake RS President. I wrote her a nice letter explaining my idea since I'd never talked with her personally. She said she'd speak to the Stake President. She shared my letter with him. He's now going to talk to the Area Seventy. It's 5 months after my original request. At this rate I should expect a phone call from President Monson by Christmas! But I just hope to be able to do something before next February's SI Swimsuit Issue. Another funny note, apparently the Stake President said I could go ahead and do something myself as long as I "didn't do anything illegal." Well, you know me...always out to risk incarceration! I wonder, did he even read my letter?

9 comments:

Jen I said...

Woo woo! Gave up on the growing it out, huh? Looks cute! Scary that I'm thinking Miami may force me to chop mine too.

Anne Marie said...

I really love your new haircut. Hope you can get some feedback soon on the enrichment group.

Anne Marie said...

The Goose Girls is one of my very favorite books. I think Brandon Mull's imagination and storytelling is only getting better with each book.

sarah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Your hair is super-cute! I love it. Who is the fourth kid you are chasing around, or are you counting your hubby? Ha ha. I’ve been reading like crazy too. What else is summer for? I whizzed through the Princess Bride on Wednesday. I forgot how much I love it! Now I’m in the midst of the Lord of the Rings. Happy Summer!

H. said...

Oh Sarah, that’s hilarious! I guess they’ve been so busy that it felt like 4, even though there are only 3! I guess I’d best edit!

heidi and tom said...

Cute, cute, cute hair! Cute kids! And that's a funny, funny, story about your enrichment group. Who knew enrichment could creat such controversy!! Oh, and by the way, that picture of Benjamin on my blog DOES have a resemblance to Tom's twinkle in his eye...something I've ALWAYS loved!

heidi

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures - hasn't your hair been that short before (sorry - it didn't look any different to me! Oops!) I'm excited for 'Breaking Dawn' too, but haven't seen any promos for the movie.. When does it come out? Who knows if any theatres around here will have it when it comes out?

Can't wait to see the 'stinkin cute kiddos' next month in UT!!!!
Sending hugs and kisses!!xoxoxoxoxo