Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I just LOVE topics that are TABOO!

Don't people say that one should never bring up religion or politics in a social setting? I guess I'm just a rebel, because those taboo topics are my favorite!

Thanks, Jen, for sharing this very interesting article about Mormons and the election. What do you think? Is it on target or way off base?

"If you denigrate a racial group, you're racist.
If you denigrate women, you're sexist.
If you denigrate Mormons, you're hip."


Check out the complete article: http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695242228,00.html


Now, on a less visceral, but very informative note, Mitt Romney gave a great interview on NPR today. I haven't made a decision about who I will vote for, but I was very impressed with this. Enjoy listening! It's well worth the 5 minutes. http://www.npr.org/templates/player/mediaPlayer.html?action=2&t=4&islist=true&id=2&d=01-16-2008


6 comments:

Jen I said...

It was good to listen to him. I've heard him a few times but need to listen to more of his strategies and proposed ideas - I don't just want to jump on the bandwagon because I'm a Mormon without being informed. It would probably be worse for the Mormon name to have him elected and then not be a good president! I just don't even know if I think a Republican will win this time around. If Bush wasn't so disliked, maybe. And if there wasn't such a split between all the Republican candidates that would make for a stronger case for one person. But as long as Romney even keeps coming in 2nd on all these states (and winning a few, of course) while everyone jumps around from 3rd and 4th to 1st place, he's still in a good spot.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
Sorry I have been so slow getting back to you. I've enjoyed reading your blog, and look forward to checking it often. Yes, you may put my link on your blog, but I just ask that you not use our last name. May I link yours on mine?Thanks!

Anne Marie said...

Enjoyed both links. Thanks for sharing. I need to check out the npr website more often, lots of good stuff there. It will be really interesting to see how everything works out.

heidi and tom said...

Hey Heather,
Sorry, this has nothing to do with politics but I just wanted to let you know that the link to our blog doesn't work. I think you've added a period to the end of it so it doesn't link to our blog. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know!

Heidi

heidi and tom said...

Heather,
Thank you for such a nice compliment about my blog...which I don't deserve by the way. In any case, you made my day! I have seen sooo many great blogs including yours, that make me want to improve mine, so THANK YOU!! To answer your question about the music, you just go to http://www.playlist.com/start an account and it takes you through step by step how to do it. I think it's pretty easy, but it's been awhile so let me know if you have any questions.

Heidi

B said...

Thanks so much for your links!It was especially interesting to read the related comments. It is frustrating that some people are focusing on the issues that shouldn't BE issues (religion/gender/race/etc) as opposed to the real issues: platforms, history, track record, etc.

I love your blog! It often gives me something adult to think about rather than deciphering the speech of my 2yo or deliberating over my calling (yep, definitely need a break from that sometimes!)