Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break!!

Life is just so good!

T & I finished our last ballroom dance class last Friday. It is so much fun to dance with my husband!! Mission accomplished! He can lead, I can follow, and we have a blast. We thought that we were dancing as well as the other couples in our class, but then we found out they had taken the Beginner's level 3 times. So as we were leaving and giving our thanks to Lou and Dorothy, I asked if we had passed--if we could move on to the intermediate class next time. Dorothy looked at us and said, "You? Oh, absolutely!" Yay!! Just call us Ginger and Fred! We finished up our evening together watching "Twilight". I saw it in the theater when some girlfriends, but I liked it more this time. I think part of it was because I wasn't judging it against the book, like I did in the theater--I already knew what I was getting this time around, so I could enjoy it for itself. But second of all, it was nice watching it with T. He had promised in advance not to laugh at it. And he admitted to liking it! He even wants to read the book!

We pulled some strings this year and the Easter Bunny agreed to come on Saturday morning instead. The kids woke up to minimal candy in their baskets and a note saying that most of the eggs he hid for us at our cousins. We had such a fun time with the Easter egg hunt at their house; we stayed and played some games, and really enjoyed ourselves on Saturday. That left Sunday with the opportunity to be so much more focused on the true meaning of Easter. We had a wonderful meeting at Church, and that afternoon we had a powerful discussion about Christ's Atonement and Resurrection. I kept getting moved to tears, although that's not too uncommon for me. (My kids ask me to read the children's Friend magazine and keep glancing at me whenever I pause, just see how far I can get into the story before I start tearing up.) We closed out our glorious Easter by having family, friends, and the missionaries over for Easter dinner.

And today my kids and I kicked off Spring Break week by taking a trip around the world. We packed a lunch and went to the museum. We visited South and Central America, Africa, Asia & the Pacific Islands, Autstralia, and even the Artic. Did you know that Pacific Islanders used shark teeth to make their spears? I didn't. After our world travels we enjoyed the butterflies and dinosaurs. Then, tonight, to celebrate the accomlishment of Avandra having finished the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ in her personal reading, we went out to the fun pizza/entertainment place tonight. Thanks to the economic downturn, prices are lower and with coupon in hand we had ourselves a mighty fun time for a very resonable price!

Hope you all had a wonderfully meaningful Easter, and are enjoying life also!

5 comments:

The Bostons said...

You have had a busy couple of days! I was very proud of A. when she told me about her accomplishment! That is WONDERFUL!!!

Megan said...

Wow! Your spring break sounds like a lot more fun than ours. We have just sat around growling at each other. I always forget that the museum is free on Mondays. Thanks for the reminder.

Anne Marie said...

Sounds like a wonderful spring break. That's awesome for your daughter to finish the Book of Mormon! Way to go! I liked watching Twilight with my husband. We both laughed during the first 20 minutes, but then we got totally into the movie. And, Jared also surprised me and actually ended up liking it.

Our Loved-up Family said...

You won some choc!!! Send me your address
xx

JSLindgren said...

Easter is a beautiful time. I try not to worry about how choked up I get reading/talking/singing about the gospel. And I hate the notion that it's just hormones! I think I can tell the difference! Usually!

Anyway, it's been loads of fun to read your posts for the last couple months. You're great!