Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hooters

Well, the local P&S is carrying in their magazine section, not only our lovely SI Swimsuit edition (right on eye-level of children), but also a new mag aptly titled "Hooters". I'm sure your imagination is right on the mark. And this month's Vanity Fair, in all it's nudey glory, was right in the check-out lane. ARGH!!

On the up side, I left a note for the manager, with my name and phone number, and he called back. He spoke to my husband and said that they will speak to the magazine rep about a more family-friendly arrangement of the mags they carry. I'm glad he spoke to my husband because it gave T a chance to say, as a grown male, that even adults don't want to see those things.

So, if you shop at my local P&S, will you do me a favor? If the mags are still out, will you also please make a comment to the manager? And if you don't see them, will you give them a big thank you? I think that will help keep things cleaner in the future. Thanks for your help, friends!

3 comments:

Megan said...

which P & S do you go to? Rawson? I would be thrilled to either praise or rage!

Anne Marie said...

That's so cool that your husband got to talk to the manager. I absolutely DETEST that nude picture that's been out this month.

sarah said...

Very wild in your parts of the world! We're headed to Chi-town Memorial Day weekend and plan to return to STL towards the end of the following week. Think we could work something out?