Sunday, March 15, 2009

Move Over, Martha!

Or Rachel, Paula, Barefoot Kitchen Contessa, or whoever is the latest cooking guru! I am so proud of my own little accomplishment! It's nothing professional, I know, but for me, it's amazing.
I got most of the ideas from http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/train-birthday-cake.html. I used mini-loaf pans for the cars. For the engine I cut down 2 loaves, added a TP tube covered in plastic wrap, and a frosted marshmallow. (If I did it again I would use something bigger than that tube, but smaller than the cans I could find.) The track is made of licorice and KitKats. Crushed grahams for the sawdust and dyed coconut for the grass. I just decided to leave the chocolate cake showing as coal in the coal car. And although my son thought the caboose was a house at first, he was open to my suggestion that it be a caboose :) Happy 2nd Birthday Little Guy!! Glad you loved it. It was fun making it for you.

7 comments:

lindsy said...

wow, I am so impressed.
can I order one of those for our next birthday coming up
looks great

John and Danielle Corrigan said...

That is fantabulous. Good job Heather! And yes, John got a bike for his birthday. I got one last year, so now we both have one.

AnnaMarie said...

That is impressive, even for Martha. Wow! Good work!

Darcy said...

Wow that is AWESOME!!! I will post a picture of Allissa's cake!! I would like to say that she made it and not me. I will not be quitting my day job anytime soon!!!

mikey and kimby said...

Wow. That is amazing!

Anne Marie said...

That cake is awesome! I'm very impressed. As for Facebook...let me know what you think after you've been doing it for a few weeks. I've been trying to do less time on the internet lately, so I'm not sure if I could handle one more thing that I'm obligated to check. (But, I do wonder if I should re-connect with some old friends...hhhmmmm.)

sarah said...

super-cute!