Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Double Whammy

Two days after Thanksgiving, my grandpa died. Last night my grandmother joined him. I'm too stunned right now to be grateful for what I know is true: that she has rejoined her husband and that she is beyond the grasp of the dementia. I'm sure if I could see them together now I would stunned at their glory.

In a way, that is such sad news for Christmas Eve. On the other hand, it makes so real my gratitude for my Savior, for His Atonement and Resurrection. Thank you Jesus for all the gifts you constantly give me. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Even when we know it's part of the Lord's plan, and all is well... it's still hard to say "goodbye for now". My prayers are with you and your family. Merry Christmas!

lindsy said...

wow, I think that is amazing! what a perfect Christmas for them =) I hope you guys have a great Christmas too!!

Jen I said...

Sorry for your loss, but yeah, kind of a great way to go - together, pretty much.

AnnaMarie said...

Wow, I'm sorry for your loss, Heather. And so soon. Being in a similar position, I know somewhat of what you're feeling now. Merry Christmas!

Anne Marie said...

So sorry about the loss of both your grandparents. Hope you've been having a nice holiday.

LeAnn said...

So sorry to hear it. I fixed my site so you can leave comments now.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. You know your grandparents are thinking of you and love you too.