Monday, September 15, 2008

Clean, Good Literature Ratings!!

I am so excited!! I have wondered and wondered how to find a ratings guide for modern literature. I'm too afraid to pick something random off of the shelf at the library. Who knows what it might contain? I have wished that there was a rating system like for movies, so that I would know what I was getting into. Well, my day has come!! I just became aware of www.ratedreads.com. This is a woman who has been a literary editor for a newspaper, but is also an active, returned-missionary member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Her mission is to help people know what's out there that is well-written and clean too. I hope avid readers are just as excited as I am!

5 comments:

John and Danielle Corrigan said...

Yeah that will be really helpful. And your post about the girl's first day of school is adorable. --So do you think John looks like a bad boy or somethin? ;-)

AnnaMarie said...

I think it's helpful...but it would be more helpful if it were a group of "raters" because she sure doesn't have a lot of books on her site. More than I've read this year for sure, but still...I don't have book rating website, either.

H. said...

AnnaMarie, I couldn't agree more. I wish her site did have more books rated. Hopefully she will be able to expand. I know there is a place to put in a "request" for a book to be rated, so I wonder how that would work.

Deb said...

thanks H. for the great book lovers site! I already see several I would like to read and I don't need any more to add to the already tall pile! Enjoyed hearing about A. & C. school adventures. Is K. lonely? our I. misses S. alot!

Anne Marie said...

Thanks for sharing!