Sunday, September 7, 2008

August Re-Cap

We have had so much fun lately, but haven't had a chance to share. So here is the condensed version.

First and foremost...my sister's family is here!! Woo-hoo! We are loving having them here. If you live near here and haven't met them, you really need to. They are so cool!

Second, we continued our family tradition of going to State Fair, where everyone tried a new ride:














Third, we went to Utah for Kari & Erik's wedding (those are my kids in the picture, not theirs! We still believe in "First comes love, Then comes marriage, Then comes baby in the baby carriage.")


























There was lots of fun with cousins and the girls loved spending the morning with their very cool Uncle John and Aunt Danielle up on Temple Square. (Danielle, I don't think you wanted me to post the only pictures that I have of you, sorry. The girls took them so they aren't really in focus.)

The funniest thing about that day was after the beautiful dinner at Thanksgiving Point Gardens. We watched the happy couple leave to go to their very messy, very decorated car. Only, there was a small glitch. The Honda with California plates that had been decorated was not the right Honda with California plates! So, someone later came out of the Gardens, maybe with a date, or maybe married 20 years, and they were greeted with a very messy, very decorated car that said, "Just Married!!" Needless to say, none of us stuck around to watch. Whoops! Hope they have a good sense of humor!

We also had our very own Corrigan Family Adventure! If you are part of my family, you know what that means. It usually involves my dad and lots of things going wrong. In our case, it started by us going to Deer Creek Reservoir to go waterskiing. This was the first time in 8 years that I had skiied, so I was excited. And my dad REALLY didn't want to disappoint us, so he got his boat all ready for us, even though he hadn't used it at all this summer. We should have known when we got it into the water and it wouldn't start. But between my dad (MacGuyver) and my intelligent husband, they jimmyrigged the truck's battery to the boat battery and got it all started. We went out in the lake and after everyone had a chance to get invigorated by the fresh, cool water, I got my chance to ski! I asked T to take pictures, although after 8 years, the shots he could have gotten are numerous:

Me totally biffing it

Me, a few hours later, in a total body cast

Heck, he could've even gotten the one where I'm trying desparately to keep my shorts up because they were causing drag when I forgot to take them off before jumping out of the boat.

But instead he got:


Yes, it's me! The form may not be great and I'm on 2 skiis, but I'm up!!
Immediately after I end this run (in a total wipeout) the boat's engine cuts. For good. And the next hour is spent trying to flag down some help, trying not to get blown onto the rocky beach, and going through 3 ropes trying to get pulled back to dock by some very nice and very inexperienced boaters. I tried not to freak out, since we had to catch our plane a few hours later. But we made it back to Christie's house where T & I threw our luggage together, each took a 5 minute shower, and then raced to the airport. Made it!

Other fun Utah adventures pertaining to my family can be found
here or
here (scroll down a little if you want to see what we look like photoshopped in with the rest of my family. It kind of makes me feel like we're the embarrassing illegitimate children. Not even invited for the real picture, just snuck in after. Interesting piece of trivia: The shirt T is wearing is the same shirt my brother-in-law is wearing. I don't mean from the same rack at the same store, I mean, the exact same shirt. Photoshopping is a modern day miracle, I tell you.)
or here (for a funny story about and cute picture of Avandra)
How's that for an update? Told you we had fun!

1 comment:

John and Danielle Corrigan said...

I love your posts. Yeah, it's really okay that you didn't post one of those pictures of me. Yikes, that would have been scary.