Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Stephenie Meyer/ JK Rowling Romance

I'm in the middle of re-reading the Twilight series before I launch into Breaking Dawn. So last night, as I was curling up in bed with my warm-blooded husband, I naturally said, "You are my very own werewolf." Obviously a compliment. So I was stunned when he whispered back, "And you are my amoeba."

Pause. Blink, blink.

My brain was trying to make sense of that comment. Tee was a microbiology major...is there more to being an amoeba than I had previously assumed? Was he unintentionally offended by my werewolf compliment? Has our marriage fallen apart completely without my being aware of it???

"An amoeba?" I repeated in confusion.

Which is when he laughed and said, "No, my veela." OH....Okay. I may be going deaf but at least we still have the fireworks!

3 comments:

Our Loved-up Family said...

That was funny, that happens all the time with me and Tom, probably due to the fact I was raised in a different country and have a funny accent:)

PS In August you can get into Thanksgiving Point for $2 on Tuesdays, next week we're doing the museum:)

Darcy said...

That is just to funny! That was a good morning laugh!

Anonymous said...

You guys make me laugh - tears rolling down the cheeks!! Thanks!