Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ice Cream Junkie

Those of you who know me, know that Ice Cream is a staple at our house. I come from a long line of ice-cream-o-holics. The kind who consider a serving of ice cream to be less like 1/2 cup and more like 1/2 a house. The kind who say "Do you mind if I polish this off?" as a euphemism for "I'm going to take the final 3/4 of the carton." And it just so happened that I married a man after my own palate. Which is why I am thoroughly devastated that the ice cream conspirators decided to shrink the carton size. Which is also why I was ecstatic the last time I went shopping and scored this coup! Among all the other shrunken cartons, I found one last tall and proud one. And it cost me the same $2.88 as the little ones. Take a good long look below because this may very well be the last full-size ice cream carton you will see in your life.
P.S. This ice cream is already long gone.

5 comments:

lindsy said...

Yummm. I'm guilty too. Every time I come home from a Target trip, there is a Wendy's on the way, so.... I've been known to stop just about every single time for a frosty or something!

mikey and kimby said...

Those are my favorite times, when you can still find the big cartons among the small. It's always a good day when that happens. And my favorite! I love double fudge brownie. Congrats on the good luck!

The Bostons said...

I was just talking to someone last night about how they shrunk the carton... I should make a stop at the grocery store to see if I can score big too! :)

Deb said...

and I thought I was president of the Ice Cream lover Guild! enjoy it now my friend; it gets harder and harder to keep it off the hips. by the way, that carton would cost about $6.50 here, so my less frequent indulges really taste great!

Anonymous said...

Okay - not sure what size of carton you used to buy, but that is all we have out here! Nice choice of brand - I get that all the time! But I prefer the Caramel Swirl or even Choc Chip Cookie Dough! I guess when I'm just buying for myself - it lasts longer...