Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Election Results...Tonight!



So...who's going to win? No, I'm not talking about Obama vs. Hillary. I'm not even talking about the democratic nominee vs. McCain. I'm afraid this contemplating mama is living on fluff right now. Of course I'm talking about DAVID vs. DAVID. Who will be the next American Idol? That is the big question of the day.


Last night David Archuleta did so well. He sang his heart out and I was tingly all over again listening to his voice. Click to hear Round 1, Round 2, and Round 3. Nothing David Cook sang last night did anything for me. I love U2 and still that song did nothing for me. Granted, last week I LOVED David Cook's version of the Roberta Flack song "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face". Wow. That was great. But I agreed with the judges, last night went to David A.

Now all that said, I did NOT vote for David A. last night. Why? Because I am so impressed with that boy. So, again, why did I NOT vote for him????
Because I can't think of ANY teenage talent phenom that didn't throw their life away! I can't think of one that hasn't found him or herself in a compromising situation or worse, a disaster of a life. Am I just too cynical? Can YOU think of any teen that could handle that kind of worldly pressure and rise above it and stay beautiful and true and wholesome? Here's hoping we've found one because no matter who wins tonight, I don't think the world will forget David Archuleta. I just hope that they remember why they loved him in the first place and that he can handle his new found fame.

6 comments:

Jen I said...

So glad you posted those! I was mad I forgot to watch! His voice totally makes me melt!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you! He is too nice and you just hope it doesn't change who he is.

Anonymous said...

So it was American Idol that finally got you watching TV :) I think David A. will turn out ok no matter what, I hope so anyway!!

B said...

LOL! I actually checked some tv comment boards to see what people thought of these two fantastic singers. It was interesting to see that many thought that DC underperformed on purpose so he wouldn't win (the runners-up tend to do better than the winners). That theory makes the outcome even more interesting in my opinion!

Anne Marie said...

I'm with you, and I am relieved that Archuleta didn't win. Who'd want that sweet, innocent boy to change?

Darcy said...

The first words out of Zach's mouth win David didn't win was, "Good now he can go on a MISSSION!" Hopefully that will be the case!