Saturday, May 17, 2008

Brave Mama

I spent this final week without my hubby doing something insane. (He's back now though for good!! WOO HOO!!) I went on a roadtrip with my 3 kiddos! They were awesome! With enough DVDs and snacks, peace reigned in the car. Their bladders were stronger than mine so we didn't even have to stop more than I needed to.

We headed to our old stomping ground to meet up with some of our dear, dear friends! It was so good to see them. It didn't satisfy my desire to visit with them, it only whet my appetite. I thrive on Jannika's suggestion that in a few years (read: When we can afford it) we get together from our different corners of the U.S. for a Girl's Only weekend. Oh, Jannika, I'm counting on that. So, Sarah, Jannika, where should we meet? Maui? Spain? Where do you suggest? Okay, maybe more reasonable, San Diego?

We pricelined a hotel with a great view from our window--the old historic courthouse.
We hit the Science Center, Zoo, and Botanical Garden. One of the favorite spots for the girls was the hotel pool. It was great!
Granted, we also had the experience of one daughter slipping in the mud head-to-toe, the lack of sleep sharing a room with 3 children brings, and the lack of PJs a braindead mama brings. But boy were the girls thrilled when they saw on the hotel map that there were BALLROOMS! We didn't see any princesses though. All in all, it was a successful trip and one that we will remember for a long time!

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

You are a brave woman to do a roadtrip on your own! So glad you got to meet up with some friends. Hooray for husbands being back. I hate when Jared goes out of town. Loca, loca mama during his absence.