Sunday, December 30, 2007

FYI: Mormons ARE Christians

With all the hullaballoo surrounding Mitt Romney's presidential bid, I have just been floored by the amount of ignorance out there about the beliefs of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! (Nickname: Mormons--I don't like to use that nickname because it never has been the name of our Church and never will be.) The lies are abundant, and the truths are usually skewed or pulled way out of context. Will you please do us all a favor? If you aren't a member of the Church and have questions or concerns, will you PLEASE go to the official Church sources to discover our beliefs? Or just ask a member outright? No one will be offended. It doesn't matter how strange your question might sound. Believe me, I've heard some good ones. By the way, the official Church source links are on the sidebar under "great websites".

There are only 3 more days until the Iowa primary. My brother works in Iowa and said that alot of people have said, "I was going to vote for Mitt Romney. But now that I have a Christian alternative...." Whether you decide to vote for Mitt Romney as President (not Pastor, by the way) is up to you. But let me assure you as a standard run-of-the-mill member of the "Mormon" Church that I know Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, the Savior of the World, and is my Savior personally. He is the conqueror of death and sin. I live for Christ and I would die for Christ so please don't insult me by saying that I'm not Christian.

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Snow looks beautiful. My kids would be so jealous. They have really missed that since we've moved to TX. I'm totally with you on the whole Mormon thing. Sick of hearing all the crazy ideas and speculations.

Anonymous said...

Well said Heather, I don't personally hear these same comments here about Mormons not being Christians. But I have heard it in the Media.... a lot Thanks for sharing your testimony of Christ.
I just wish that people would realize that Mitt is running for Prez and not for any kind of religious leadership positions.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen I said...

Sorry - that was me. I just left a comment saying that I found a funny article about Mormons and the election that you might like to read. I put a link on my blog. Then I realized I posted it as someone named John. Then I discovered my husband has a bunch of secret internet identities so he can get free stuff. Go figure.